3.17.2008

March Madness!

I am officially outnumbered in my home. Gus has joined the ESPN bandwagon! Last night, he suddenly hopped up on the TV stand and started watching the scrolling scores and chasing the basketball around the screen. It was so funny!



On March 16, we had the opportunity to attend a fundraiser for the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' & Owners' Association in Ocala, Florida. It was a great event and a beautiful evening!



At church on Sunday, they handed out these crosses made of palm leaves for Palm Sunday. Neither Chad nor I could remember anything like this at our hometown churches and found it novel that we live somewhere that palm trees are readily available and used for this purpose.



Although I feed Gus, clean his litter box, etc., he has definitely claimed Chad as his favorite human. If given an option, he will usually pick to lay on or near Chad as opposed to me.



Gus has gotten big enough to play with this scratching post we got him in February. I thought it would help him not scratch the furniture. It turns out that clipping his little claws is really the most effective thing for that. He does have fun with the fuzzy orange ball on top of this post though. It's pretty entertaining to watch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your new dress in that photo??

Cathy said...

That is the new dress I bought in January.