Here he is one lazy evening in August, lounging in my shoe of all places.
Although he doesn't want his "captors" to know it, Gus is actually very smart. Here is an example. He knows that he is not supposed to jump on counters, tables, bookshelves, etc. So, what does he do? He stands on the trashcan and swats things off the table. Here he is with a piece of okra from our garden. It was too funny. I just had to take a picture.
Gus also enjoys catching bugs. With the wide variety of insects in Florida, he gets quite a bit of practice. One night, I walked in our bedroom and Gus was frantically jumping at this window above the bed. He couldn't reach it on his own, so I sat him up there. And, he killed this fly. He's a natural hunter.
Gus weighs about nine pounds now. We don't really know how that compares to other cats of his approximate age. I think he's going to be pretty big. He's a very social guy and loves company. This is what you have to look forward to if you visit us in Florida. Think of it as a bonus.
No comments:
Post a Comment