I bought some blueberries last weekend at Sam's and have been excited to eat some of them. I was looking for something fast to do with them last night and tried this recipe:
Recipe from Dave Lieberman, FoodNetwork.com
Topping Ingredients:
4 oz. pecan pieces (about 1 cup)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups rolled (old-fashioned, although I used quick) oats
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 stick (8 tbsp) butter, cut into small pieces
Berry Ingredients:
2 pints fresh blueberries
1/2 lemon, juiced (I omitted)
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the blueberries: Mix ingredients together and pour into a 9 x 13" baking dish.
For the topping: Put all topping ingredients in a bowl and rub together with your hands until mixture sticks together in small clumps.
Scatter the topping over the blueberries in an even layer. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the berry juice is bubbling up through the topping, about 45-50 minutes.
I cut the recipe in half and used four ramekins, baking for 30 minutes. It was easy, fast and delicious! I think Chad was a big fan of this recipe, especially since it called for pecans.
How to feed Papa's Kitty's
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment