6.04.2008

What happened to May?

I recently purchased a new camera and was playing around with it last night. This is a photo of Chad cooking me dinner (and our very messy counter). I've been getting out a few of the wedding gifts which have not been used frequently and trying them out. Of course, the reason they haven't been used could have been because they have essentially been in "storage" since our wedding. Last night we used the Food Saver. Very fun!

We've made several good "used" purchases lately on Craigslist and another Web site specifically for Gainesville. One of these was a treadmill. We've really enjoyed having it. Even Gus gets some exercise on it!

Gus is growing and growing. He has a little pocket of fat on his belly. When I try to cut back on the amount of feed he receives, he gets mischievous and tries to get into all kinds of people food and things he shouldn't. So, I eventually cave and give him more feed. I think we're going to have a fat cat.

One of my co-workers is retiring. Friday is her last day and today another co-worker surprised her with this beautiful cake and an impromptu party. It tasted every bit as good as it looked!

We don't know what happened to May! At the beginning of May, I had the exciting and interesting experience of reading names at the College's graduation. There are some crazy names out there! We were able to make a trip to Tennessee for Mothers' Day, I traveled to North Carolina for a conference, and Chad traveled to Destin, Florida, to visit friends.

June will be filled with travels as well. I will attend another conference, this one in Hawaii! I'm very excited about that! Chad will stay behind in Florida and go to a few conferences of his own, including hosting his major professional conference of the year at UF. We'll also be making a trip to Oklahoma this month for my Grandma's 90th birthday! It will be an exciting opportunity to celebrate that and catch up with family and friends.

1 comment:

Duggin said...

Chad should be wearing some PPE (personal protection equipment), he could eviscerate himself. You would not want that.