7.09.2008

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A

In late June, Chad and I traveled to Oklahoma to celebrate my Grandma Dorothy's 90th birthday. We had a great time with all of my cousins (except Heath and his family), aunts and uncles. My Grandma's brother and sister-in-law even made the trip from Missouri to celebrate her birthday. Here she is with one of her cakes. This one had lemon filling and was delicious!


This is a photo of Janet and I with all of our cousins (again, except Heath) and most of their children. I think Hannah might be hiding behind my head in this photo. Two year olds are much more concerned with cake than taking a group photo!


These are the youngest of my cousins' children. Patrick is one and Hannah and Paiton are two. Exciting news! In October, Patrick will become a big brother! Aren't they adorable?


Chad left to return to Florida earlier than I did. So, I had a chance to catch up with friends. I got to visit Leigh Ann and her new house in Tulsa and Katie in Stillwater.


Stillwater is very upscale these days. Someone opened up a new wine bar downtown that Janet, Katie and I checked out. My trip to Stillwater was somewhat of a race. I went from one place to the next meeting up with people the entire time we were there. I did manage to take a break to go to the Beadery and get a new OSU T-shirt (my other plain OSU T-shirt is from 1999 and features the old OSU brand). There are several more people that I wanted to see, but I never have enough time when I'm in Oklahoma!


While I was at home, we discovered baby kittens! So adorable. They just barely had their little eyes open. After this evening of playing with them, the momma cat moved them to a new location. Hopefully someone will track them down so they can be tamed.


When I returned to Florida, my cat Gus was waiting at home for me. He was so excited to have some attention and followed me around the house rubbing on my ankles (which he never does). Here is a new picture of him. He's getting so big!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

The picture of your grandma is so cute! It sounds like you had a great trip!

Lesley said...

wine bar? where? I live here and didn't know about it! maybe on your next trip through we can all get together!

Cathy said...

The wine bar is downtown near Hallmark. Hopefully, we can catch up the next time we're in Oklahoma. We're tentatively planning a visit for Homecoming in October.