11.11.2008

Shoes, Shoes and Purses ...

Chad and I seem to catch each other coming and going for the past few weeks with different travels scheduled for work. I'm looking forward to the holiday season and a chance to actually spend some time together.

Last weekend, I was in Kansas City for some meetings for work. While there, I had a chance to see some of my former co-workers and good friends in the KC area. To me, KC has a fascinating energy this time of year. The air is crisp. Holiday decorations are going up throughout town. Ice skating rinks are opening. And, there is always good shopping.

While in KC, I had the chance to visit my very favorite shoe store, Bob Jones Shoes. They have a great selection of trendy items and staples, everything from brands I know to brands I've never heard of, an in all sorts of price ranges. I managed to leave enough room in my luggage for two extra pairs of shoes and an extra purse which I returned to Florida with.

Now that I'm back at home and have had a taste of KC, crisp air and holiday decorations, I'm ready for Christmas. I've been thinking about what to cook to take to Thanksgiving with Chad's family. It has to be travel friendly, so that complicates things a bit. I'm thinking about rolls and a pumpkin pie. I have to have a pumpkin pie to celebrate Thanksgiving. It just seems like the right thing to do.

And, I'm excited about actually having a house to celebrate Christmas in. Last year, we were stuffed into our little tin can and were packing and trying to move to our current home. We put up and took down the Christmas tree far before Christmas. I'm excited about decorating our tree and baking sugar cookies and all those fun things!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I am excited to have a house to spend Christmas in this year too! This is the first year in 7 years that I will be where I live for Christmas...but I wont be home with my family...so that will be sad.

Ryan K said...

Can't wait to see your tree! AND A tip from Martha-Place orange peels around the tree and inside near the bottom, it will keep the cats away :) hope this helps!