Our garden looked really good for about a week after we planted it, then I was certain things were going to begin dying off. The squash in particular looked really bad for a few days. But, I'm happy to report that everything has survived so far. Well, not exactly everything. The herbs that I planted from seed never really materialized. Oh well.

Here are our tomatoes. They are flowering and growing visibly almost daily. We have 12 tomato plants.
And here are our squash plants. Although I'm not an expert, I think we will have squash to eat in the next couple of weeks. We will soon see. We have six squash plants.
I planted the okra from seed and we will have several okra plants, enough to get a side from several times. They're also growing visibly. I can see changes all the time. The pepper plants are doing okay. They're the only thing I planted that hasn't really been "thriving." But, they're not doing too bad. I'm optimistic that we will get at least one pepper from them.

When I go outside to garden, Gus stands guard at the back door and yowls. He tries to scratch on the door (I keep his front claws trimmed) and meows in hopes that I will come back for him. I think he's jealous that the garden gets more attention than he does sometimes. I would let him out with us, but I'm afraid he would disappear into the woods behind our house and become a tasty treat for a stray dog or a fox or some other critter.
And, since I've posted a picture of him acting up, here's a picture of him looking a little more refined.

1 comment:
This looks a lot like my garden...before billy goat got into it.
Post a Comment