10.28.2008

Happy Halloween!

Halloween costumes are fun, but stressful for me. I blame this on the fact that I was one of a few things over and over as a child. Janet and I were usually either a witch, rabbit, Indian or punk rocker. I don't even know what a punk rocker is, but it is a costume that didn't require us to buy anything new to wear and we could put glitter in our hair and wear makeup. Here we are all dressed up and ready to go out and get some candy.

So, now as an adult, I have a horrible time coming up with Halloween costumes. I tried to delegate this to Chad, but he wasn't a whole lot of help. He kept trying to get me to dress up as Sarah Palin. But, I don't look remotely like Sarah Palin. I wanted to be Fred and Wilma Flinstone, but he wasn't too excited about that idea.

So, on the day of our Halloween party last Saturday, I drove in to Wal-Mart and bought some scrubs and came up with a cheap toy stethoscope at a costume shop. I was a doctor. Next year, I could wear essentially the same thing and be a nurse. Then, I could be a dentist. Just kidding ... well maybe. It is a comfy outfit and at least something that I might get a little use out of.


Chad opted to go as Joe the Plumber. I'm not sure how many people really got his outfit. It was a clever idea, but hard to pull off from a distance at a party. He didn't have to buy anything for his costume though.

In other seasonal news, we carved pumpkins last night. I had only carved a pumpkin once before, so it was pretty new for me. We had fun though. Here's Gus checking them out ...


We hope you have a happy and safe Halloween!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You guys did great with your costumes!! We're boring and not dressing up :(

Ryan K said...

Love it! I love Joe the Plumber, it cracked me up! :) I'm like you, I got sick and tired of all the election shi***! :) Thank GOD it's over! :) YA!!