10.28.2008

It's the little things ...

Or, actually, sometimes big, simple things like trash cans that excite me these days. Our kitchen trashcan was actually a freebie from a friend of Chad's left over from their wedding. It was round and didn't fit the shape, the foot thing on it had broken, it was dented from rolling around in Chad's truck for months after it was intially handed down to us, and, most importantly, it had a horendeous stink. Ugh!

Recently, I learned Linen n' Things was going out of business. We had a small gift card left from the wedding to that store. So, I went in and bought a trash can. Have you ever priced trash cans? They are unbelievably expensive!!! But, I really like my new trash can and hope we'll be able to keep it nice and keep it around for a long time.

I ended up selecting an OXO trash can with a stainless steel finish. The trash bags fit in it so nicely and they're even easy to remove (unlike our old trash can)! It's simply wonderful.

No comments: